Tempting getaways & excursions
Starting from the place of authentic Greek hospitality, which hears to the name PHILOXENIA HOTEL, the willing, kind and hospitable staff, is close to you at all times and suggests you nearby magical routes that will remain indelible! What do you say , are you ready to discover the wealth of Halkidiki?
- Summer on the beach: At a distance of just 10 km from the hotel complex PHILOXENIA HOTEL, on the magnificent beach Kalyves with golden sand and crystal clear waters you will enjoy your time at the beach bar PASIR. Relax on the sun loungers, under the umbrellas or enjoying the caresses of the sun, cool down with coffee of your choice, soft drinks and juices, with an exotic cocktail, taste delicious snacks, have fun, dance, dream! And all this, having special discounts, as the only guest of PHILOXENIA HOTEL.
- Summer in the theaters: Halkidiki, in addition to the wonderful seas and its beneficial sun, offers you entertainment with a rich range of cultural events, music concerts, theatrical performances, traditional festivals, festivals with local products. The famous Kassandra Festival, the renowned Sani Festival for 27 consecutive years, the Polygyros Art Festival, the Sea Festival in Nea Moudania and so many others, of smaller or larger scope, keep your summer nights in the best way.
- Summer in the thermal baths: Rare healing properties rejuvenate your body and mind in the famous thermal baths of Agia Paraskevi, in Kassandra, where sulfurous thermal waters gush through the rocks and are suitable for various diseases (tel. 23740 71358).
- Summer in archeological sites / caves / museums: The history of Halkidiki from ancient times, and through the archeological site of Olynthos, in just 15 'from PHILOXENIA HOTEL, you will tour the newest Neolithic period while you will be impressed by its magnificent mosaics ( tel: 23730 91000). At the Archaeological Museum of Polygyros, you will see the archaeological collection of Ioannis Lambropoulos (tel. 23710 21330). In the Aristotle Grove, in Stageira, the instruments of the great Greek philosopher are exhibited, which show the phenomena of nature (tel. 23760 41327). In the Cave of Petralona, the history starts from the Middle Paleolithic Age and tangible evidence for this are his findings, the skull of the Archangel, fossils of extinct animals, ancient Paleolithic tools, etc. (tel. 23730 71671). In Toroni, one of the important cities of ancient Halkidiki, you will climb the acropolis on the Lykithos peninsula.
- Summer in traditional settlements: The beautiful Athytos or Afitos, in Kassandra, with stone houses, narrow streets, tasteful shops, taverns and a unique view over the rock, on which it is built. The old settlement of Nikiti, in Sithonia, which is characterized as a traditional Parthenon with the folklore museum and the wonderful view of the Toroneos gulf, the old mast of Polygyros - the capital of Halkidiki -, the picturesque Arnaia with the colored houses,the Macedonian architecture and its museums, Ouranoupolis - the gate of Mount Athos - with the impressive Tower of Offer and the Monastery of Zygos complete your summer vacation, with culture and local traditions.
- Summer and outdoor activities: Sailing, boating and canoeing, cycling and hiking, four-wheeled routes, diving and water skiing, wine and local tasting, cruises in the bays of Halkidiki and the monasteries and lakes of Agios formed by the waterfalls of Agia Varvara, raise your adrenaline to the heights!
- Summer on Mount Athos: Twenty monasteries and hermitages on the third peninsula of Halkidiki, Mount Athos, attract males every day, offering them absolute peace. The Mount Athos State of Mount Athos, based in Karyes, is a forbidden place for women.